The current outbreak of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) is unlike one that we have seen in the modern era. We understand that this is a very trying time for our patients and their families. We also recognize that your urologic care needs have not stopped during this pandemic, so we promise to continue to provide services for our patients in the safest manner possible.
If you or a loved one are experiencing symptoms concerning for a COVID-19 infection, please visit the following link for the most up to date testing and treatment services provided in Chattanooga and the greater Hamilton County area.
For more information about the COVID-19 outbreak please refer to the information provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Tennessee Department of Health. Links to these websites are below:
Clinic Visitor Policy
UT Urology is committed to providing the safest environment for our patients during the current COVID-19 pandemic. We are currently open for appointments. Our visitor policy is outlined below:
- Only patients who require the presence of a visitor or care-taker will be permitted to have a visitor accompany them during their visit.
- All visitors to the Baroness Hospital, Children’s Hospital, and Erlanger East locations will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms or exposure prior to admission to the campus.
- All patients and visitors will be asked to wear a mask during the patient encounter.
Clinic Environment Protective Measures
- You may receive a phone call 24-48 hours prior to your appointment screening you for COVID-19 symptoms or exposure.
- Please practice hand hygiene and social distancing (remaining at least 6 feet apart from non-family members) in all public waiting areas.
- All exam rooms will be sanitized between patient visits by our clinical staff.
- The waiting and common areas are routinely sanitized by our clinical staff.
In an effort to continue offering services to our patients during these difficult times, we are now offering telephone or telemedicine visits through the Zoom meeting platform for our adult and pediatric urology patients. New patient visits and follow-up appointments may be eligible for these remote services if determined appropriate by your provider. These appointments are available for patients at all service locations. If you are interested, call our main office at 423-778-5910 and ask about Telehealth options.
To download Zoom, visit their website at https://zoom.us. Additional support for download and installation on your device will be provided by our clinical staff at the time of appointment scheduling.
We are excited to announce that UT Urology has resumed elective surgical procedures for both our adult and pediatric urology patients. Resumption of services includes all locations (Baroness, East, and Children’s hospitals). We will continue to screen our patients pre-operatively for COVID-19 exposure and/or symptoms to best protect our patients, their families and our staff. For patients with planned admission to the hospital after their procedure, pre-op screening may include formal COVID-19 testing. Please contact our office at 423-778-5910 for the most up-to-date information about your surgery.